Create the rich, nutty flavour and buttery texture of dry aged steak found in prime steakhouses.
- Enough to dry age three 12-16 lb (approx 7-8 KG) Sub-primal Ribeye, Striploin or Sirloin cuts
- 3 UMAi Dry® Ribeye/Striploin Bags (Standard) size: 12x24 in / 30x60 cm
- 5 VacMouse® vacuum adapter strips (for use with manual vacuum sealer)
- Dry Aging Time labels to record your start and target end dates
- Illustrated Instructions
- VACUUM SEALER NOT INCLUDED
- Meat NOT INCLUDED
- Purchase whole sub-primal ribeye, stripling or sirloin
- Seal meat into UMAi Dry® with a vacuum sealer
- Rest on open wire rack in home fridge for good air flow to all sides of meat... and allow time to transform the meat like fine wine!
- Make sure your fridge could hold a temperature between 1-4°C
- Make sure the meat have space around the bag for air circulation and meat won't freeze
- Dry age 28-45 days
The Original Slow Food™
UMAi Dry® brings together the best of old world artisan meat tradition with sophisticated modern technology making it easy for you to craft authentic dry aged steak, charcuterie and salumi in the comfort of your own refrigerator.
UMAi Dry® Features: NO ORDINARY PLASTIC BAG!
- Breaths and allows meat to dry age
- Protects meat while ageing
- Prevents exchange of odours
- No mess, no mould, no off-flavours
UMAi Dry® is a special membrane, not a vacuum bag