Create the rich, nutty flavour and buttery texture of dry aged steak found in prime steakhouses.
- Use your home fridge to make capicola, bresaola, prosciutto, pancetta with no mess, no odours
- Your result is delicious dry cured meats (charcuterie) that will impress your friends and family
- You will be amazed when you create true gourmet charcuterie at home
- Enough for five dry curing projects!
- 2 UMAi Dry® Large Charcuterie
- 3 UMAi Dry® Small Charcuterie
- Instacure #2 Curing Salt (enough for 30 lb of meat)
- Juniper berries
- 5 VacMouse® Vacuum Adapter Strips (for use with manual vacuum sealer)
- Recipes and Illustrated Instructions
- VACUUM SEALER NOT INCLUDED
- Select recipe
- Purchase correct meat cut and weight
- Measure Instacure #2 (included), Kosher salt and spices
- Coat meat, tie to shape and cure in closed container moving daily for two weeks
- Rinse and seal meat into UMAi Dry® with manual vacuum sealer
- Rest on open wire rack in home fridge for good air flow to all sides of meat... and allow time to transform the meat like fine wine!
- Make sure your fridge could hold a temperature between 1-4°C
- Make sure the meat have space around the bag for air circulation and meat won't freeze
Dry curing is complete when charcuterie has lost 35-40% of its original weight
The Original Slow Food™
UMAi Dry® brings together the best of old world artisan meat tradition with sophisticated modern technology making it easy for you to craft authentic dry aged steak, charcuterie and salumi in the comfort of your own refrigerator.
UMAi Dry® Features: NO ORDINARY PLASTIC BAG!
- Breaths and allows meat to dry age
- Protects meat while ageing
- Prevents exchange of odours
- No mess, no mould, no off-flavours
UMAi Dry® is a special membrane, not a vacuum bag